Hello! I’m an urban and environmental planning student from Virginia who’s passionate primarily about community-based, sustainable, ethical food systems – I garden, I cook up a storm, and I visit goat farms for fun. I’m also interested in sustainable, equitable transportation systems; urban design; issues of gentrification; and the intersections of all of these broad topics. How can we create inclusive, attractive, ecological public spaces? How can we create community and support healthy social and environmental relationships through the built environment? A million sub-questions bounce around in my head. This blog will serve as a mashup for digital and analog explorations of urban design, with goodies like:
- Sketches and journal pages I’ve made
- Articles from the innanetz about contemporary issues
- Explorations of key ideas and concepts
- Computer-generated work I’ve done
- Ineffable love for Portland, where I hope to land this summer
Thanks for stopping by! Comments are welcome, and I’d love suggestions for cool things to look up.